Thursday, October 20, 2005

Off to Africa!

Well, folks, the time has come. I'm leaving for my long-awaited Africa trip. So it might be awhile until you hear from me again (okay, like two weeks) but then I'll be back with plenty of awesome pictures. Hopefully. (I hear they malaria over there.)

Until then, here's a couple of other shots....


horses
Originally uploaded by emster214.
Horses in a field in Longbranch, VA.



lawn mower racing
Originally uploaded by emster214.
Lawn mower racing?? Has anyone ever seen this before?? These guys at the Shenandoah Valley Hot Air Balloon and Wine Festival were pretty serious about it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, what? Why are you going to Africa?

Emily said...

I'm documenting a missions trip going to South Africa and Botswana.... it's through my parent's church in TN so my mom's going too. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are going to come back with some great pictures!

You have a heart of gold Emily. You really do.

Anonymous said...

Emily, I saw your comment on Jack's blog to his mom Tammy. I didn't know that you knew her. His blog led me to your blog. Wow your pictures are wonderful. I have been trying to capture the autumn color here in Vancouver, BC Canada. I wish I had your talent because I would have some beautiful ones. Hope you have fun in Africa and can't wait to see the pictures.

Jennifer
daughter of Diane from the ACU JMC dept.

Emily said...

Hey, thanks Jennifer!! It's always a pleasure hearing from people I've photographed in the past. :-) Canada, really? That's great - I'm sure you'll get some beautiful shots.

Steve said...

You're fortunate to be able to capture the spirit of what you photograph. Africa's heart and soul will come back with you and I cannot wait to see and hear about your adventure.

Rachel said...

oh gosh, I am too jealous. oh my word. TAKE ME WITH YOU. I hope you have an amazing time and use your gifts in amazing ways like you always do. take care and we want details and pictures!

Fred said...

Africa? Wow. Have a great time!

Jamie Dawn said...

Africa?! WOW! Have a wonderful, safe journey.
I look forward to seeing the amazing pics.

Jamie Dawn said...

Please let me know when you get back. I will enjoy the pics and stories about your experiences there.

Chiwi said...

Africa?? Wow... Lucky you! I can't wait to see those pictures when you get back!!
At the moment I think Canon D350 is still out of my reach, so was thinking of either a Cannon Pro 1, or a Panasonic Lumix FZ30. What do you reckon?