Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Janaye & Brady - Woodville, TX Wedding Photography

As always, I love a wedding I get to travel for! Janaye and Brady's was especially fun because I got to see a few friends from way back when AND I also returned to the great state of Texas (which, if you know me, you know I love.) Admittedly, my love of Texas derives not only from the sense of nostalgia it brings (I grew up there) but more importantly, the FOOD! Driving the two hours from the Houston airport to the small town of Woodville, I stopped at an exit with a Whataburger AND a Taco Cabana. Ah! Decisions, decisions!

But anyway, back to the wedding.... Janaye and Brady are so freakin' cute together it's crazy. They share something special I don't see in just every couple, and their excitement for the day was contagious! Did I mention easy to photograph? They pretty much just posed themselves - everything was very natural, and I hope that shows in the photos.

I was nervous about shooting this wedding, because Janaye is the sister of my friend and fellow professional photographer Stacie Tatum - she does really AWESOME work so I felt like I had a lot of expectations to meet (especially after seeing Janaye and Brady's engagement photos she shot).

Nerves aside, the wedding was lot of fun because it was the second Danley wedding for me. I also photographed Janaye's sister Lera three years ago in Idaho. (If you've seen my wedding party jumping shot against the blue sky, then that's the wedding I'm talking about.) I felt a little like the "family photographer" which was pretty cool, because people remembered me and I remembered them.

Janaye and Brady were such great sports - they even climbed up a ladder to sit at the top of a barn for photos. And that makes for a good wedding. What else can I say?
















0 comments: