Monday, February 27, 2012

How I Survived Vegas (or how Vegas survived me!)


I spent five days last week in Las Vegas at WPPI, the convention for wedding and portrait photographers. All of the nerdy photo people out there probably know that this is where 16,000 photographers from all over the world gather to learn, network, talk shop, and party. Everyone else has probably never heard of it.

Attending had been a long-time goal of mine, and I decided 2012 would be the year!

I came back (as most WPPIers do) exhausted, but filled with motivating ideas and a better vision for where I want to see my business go. Not going to expound upon them all right now, but you can expect to see some changes this year!

Last but not least, it wasn't all work and no play while I was there. I crossed these things off my Vegas bucket list!

• watching the light show at the Fremont Street Experience (best free thing in Vegas!)
• winning money (doubled my money and won $10 in roulette - booya!)
• going up in the Paris Eiffel Tower (which is sadly not nearly as good as the real one)
• shooting some long exposures at night
• visiting the Pawn Stars' pawn shop
• eating a truly delicious buffet



My friend John shooting the Strip:

Fremont Street Lights: 
 

Saw plenty of this:

My friend Louise and me on Fremont Street:

2 comments:

Serena said...

Glad you had a lot of fun! Yay for Vegas + WPPI! :D

Emily said...

And thank to you for being an awesome roomie! :)