Sunday, December 06, 2009

A Thanksgiving Story

I don't know about the rest of you, but I had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I was lucky enough to be able to go home to my parents' house in Tennessee for a few days (not long enough!). I guess the funniest thing that happened was my brother missed Thanksgiving. Wait, that sounds bad... but it's exactly what happened. He mistakenly booked his flight from Florida for the Thursday before Thanksgiving and never realized it. So when he showed up to the airport Thanksgiving day with bags fully packed, he couldn't understand why he wasn't being allowed to check in. And then he looked at the dates on his ticket. Oops. Before you think I'm a mean sister for laughing at this, I'll let you know that it did all work out. He was able to come the following day, Mom did a fantastic job of holding off Thanksgiving dinner (those Cornish hens were awesome!), and we all lived happily ever after. It's just one of those things that you just have to laugh at, because really there's nothing else you can do. I'm sure Jeff will think it's funny too, it just might take him a few years. But the irony of the whole thing? He's a logistics coordinator.

1 comments:

Jamie Kayle said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! That is hilarious and is totally making me laugh!