Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Joe & Ienne - The Other Barn Wedding Photography

Joe and Ienne are two of the sweetest people I've ever met, clients or not! I was really looking forward to shooting their wedding after the great engagement session we had in Annapolis. And plus they're both just so dang cute! :)

The wedding day started at Metro Points Hotel in New Carrollton where the girls got ready and I did the normal pre-ceremony stuff.





Then I drove over and met my awesome second photographer Stephanie Miller and the groomsmen at St. Mary's Church in Landover Hills. The church was really pretty with all the stained glass! Joe and Ienne are both Filipino, so their ceremony incorporated a lot of unique traditions I enjoyed seeing.





We were unfortunately asked to leave the church pretty quickly after the ceremony due to confession, but we headed to a local park near the reception site to finish up with the wedding party and grab a few with Joe and Ienne alone. This park was great and really perfect for photos, but I can't remember what it was called and I'm not even sure I'd be able to find it again! I was so turned around by the time we got there you could have told me I was in New Hampshire and I probably would have believed you. Oh, and it was FREEZING cold, did I mention that? I think the high that day was maybe 27 degrees, but Joe and Ienne smiled right through it!




I'm really digging this shot (below) of Stephanie's! She got some of that awesome sun flare I love.




Probably my favorite moment of the day:



After introductions at The Other Barn, Joe and Ienne and all of their bridesmaids and groomsmen did a whole choreographed dance. I was blown away - totally did not see that coming! It was awesome.


Make sure you check out the father of the bride's shirt. Hilarious!

I always hear the DJ say to the garter-toss winner, "...and if you use your teeth, every inch above the knee is ten years of good luck for the bride and groom" but I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually do it! Ha ha.


Congrats Joe and Ienne!!

0 comments: