Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Edwina Grocery

I've been meaning to write this post for a while, and now that I finally have a break between weddings, I think now's the time!

With the few days of time I had over Christmas, I went to my parent's home in east Tennessee. East Tennessee, if you've never been, can be described as... well... rural. Although my parents live in a very nice house in a very nice town, a lot of the outlying areas don't quite have the same suburban appeal (read: good ol' boys and moonshine stills).  And so I was excited to get a taste of the true local flavor when one of my mom's friends invited me out to her parent's old country store in the small town of Edwina. Her parents are planning to retire in the spring, and while they'll still own the store, they won't be running it anymore. So my job was to document the normal store operations, the building and customers, and the whole family at the end. Here are a few of my favorites.




0 comments: