Monday, November 21, 2011

OpLove Family - Quiet Waters Park

A little while ago, I heard about Operation Love ReUnited (OpLove). I think their mission statement says is all: To connect with military families across the nation and world providing professional photography sessions and products prior, during, and closing of a United States Military Deployment. As they protect and serve overseas, we strive to encourage morale with a smile in an album, support their loved ones, and welcome them home.

Because my father was in the Air Force for over twenty years, this hit close to home for me. I've always had a soft spot for military families, coming from one myself. My dad was also deployed to England during Desert Storm and although I think it was only for a couple of months, I definitely remember feeling the void when our family of four suddenly became a family of three.

So I signed up to be an OpLove photographer and was pretty excited when Erin contacted me for a pre-deployment family session! It was quite chilly and windy the day of the shoot, but her kids were troopers! I think we managed to have a little fun... hopefully I didn't make it too painful. :)


The photos and other content of this publication do not constitute or imply any endorsement or recommendation by the Department of Defense.










0 comments: