Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Best of 2011 - Weddings


2011 was my best year yet - professionally and personally. I feel like I really hit my stride in the business aspect of things. There will ALWAYS be room for improvement, and I could list about 15 things I want to do differently in the future, but there are a lot of things I did right and am proud of. On a personal level, it was a great year because I got engaged, traveled a lot, and knocked quite a few things off my bucket list!

Looking back on my work over the past year, it's interesting (and encouraging) to see the progression. I do still feel like I am improving, and I hope to always be a work in progress. If I ever reach a point where I think I know it all, or I stop trying new things and exploring new ideas, please slap me.

Complacency is my enemy.

I've never really done the whole New Year's resolution thing, because I believe if I need to make a change, then I should do it now. I don't need a date in the calendar to tell me when to start. But in 2012, I do pledge to continue to become a better business owner, fiancée (in May - wife!), and Christian. Oh, and I'm really really really gonna try to blog more. :)

Circling back around to this "Best of 2011" blog post, I do also want to say THANK YOU to all of my truly awesome clients, family, and friends. I know everyone says the cliché, "It wouldn't be possible without you!" but no, really, IT WOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU! The support and encouragement I got from your emails and Facebook comments and reviews continues to be invaluable. There were times this year when I would look at my work and want to cry because I felt like it didn't measure up my expectations or something I saw on the Style Me Pretty blog, then I'd get an email from one of you saying how happy you were with the work I've done. And that's all that matters.

I know I'm not saving the world by being a doctor or teacher or philanthropist. I'm just a photographer in an economy where having your picture taken is a luxury, not a necessity. I get that. But I do believe there is something worthwhile and even valuable about turning life experiences and moments into tangible memories that can live on for generations. And that's why I do it. For that little snapshot of life.

So without further ado, here are my favorite shots from 2011!






























































































































2 comments:

Stephen Elliot said...

Just when I thought I made the cut, you had to go and post your version of the same moment: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=185113908175951&set=a.185112784842730.38848.107428245944518&type=3&theater

...okay fine!

Emily said...

Haha Stephen! Don't worry, if it makes you feel any better, I still prefer your version. Barely.