Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Natalya & Brent - Harrisburg Wedding Photography

It's funny as I look back on my blog posts and see that I really am getting around the country this year for weddings! Last weekend's wedding took me to Harrisburg, PA, a town I'm familiar with only from driving through to see miscellaneous relatives in the Lancaster area. I have a new appreciation for it now.

Natalya found me on TheKnot.com, and booked me without us ever even speaking on the phone! When I showed up the day of the wedding and introduced myself, she told me she felt like she already knew me, and I have to say I thought the same thing! Between the multiple emails and facebook messages we exchanged prior to the big day, I felt like I had a good grasp on what she was looking for in her photographer and her photos, and I hope I delivered!

I think I've said this about every wedding I've shot recently, but seriously, this one was unbelievably gorgeous!! Brent and Natalya's ceremony was in the State Capitol building, and wow, what a location. I could have shot there for hours. (Side note: I'm also pretty sure every person in the wedding party could have been a model.)

The thing that stands out to me about this wedding how hard I laughed during the reception. Brent had planned an entire "act" (for lack of a better word) for his much-anticipated garter removal, including a hilarious dance and pulling out a mousetrap from underneath Natalya's dress. Sooo funny! You can see the whole show here on YouTube. Oh, and let's not forget the groomsman who pulled off a backflip during introductions. Impressive.

A special shout-out goes to Stephen Elliot of Mud Productions for helping me out as a second photographer. I think ALL of his images from the wedding are awesome - I'm going to have so much trouble narrowing them down. I included a few at the end of this post.





























A few of Stephen's photos from the day: 




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! I have to say, working with you was a pleasure! It's cool to see your photos/perspective of the same wedding, though I think you sufficiently trumped anything I shot =)