Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Age is Beauty

I've been working on getting together some photos I took during a trip to the local retirement community here in Harrisonburg. I hung out with the old folk for a day, watching them do everything from playing bingo to shucking corn. The photos will hopefully run as a photo page in the paper in a few weeks. My favorite two portraits from the day are shown below. I'll have to post some more action shots at a later date.


VMRC1
Originally uploaded by emster214.




VMRC2
Originally uploaded by emster214.

7 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

I came across your blog through another blog and I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy you r work. Photography has always been a pasion of mine.

{LyndsD} said...

You take amazing photos... Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I really enjoy your blog!

Jamie Dawn said...

The fella at the top looks good and happy, the one at the bottom needs a drink.

Marie said...

You are an amazing photographer. You really know how to capture someone's essence in the photographs I've seen thus far. Thank you for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

I've worked at two retirement homes and sometimes I have a hard time explaining to people why I like working with older generations. These pictures say everything.

Anonymous said...

Great work once again!

Emily said...

Many thanks to you all.