Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Age is Beauty

I've been working on getting together some photos I took during a trip to the local retirement community here in Harrisonburg. I hung out with the old folk for a day, watching them do everything from playing bingo to shucking corn. The photos will hopefully run as a photo page in the paper in a few weeks. My favorite two portraits from the day are shown below. I'll have to post some more action shots at a later date.


VMRC1
Originally uploaded by emster214.




VMRC2
Originally uploaded by emster214.

9 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

I came across your blog through another blog and I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy you r work. Photography has always been a pasion of mine.

TheMartins said...

You take amazing photos... Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I really enjoy your blog!

Jamie Dawn said...

The fella at the top looks good and happy, the one at the bottom needs a drink.

Marie said...

You are an amazing photographer. You really know how to capture someone's essence in the photographs I've seen thus far. Thank you for sharing. :)

Tiff said...

I've worked at two retirement homes and sometimes I have a hard time explaining to people why I like working with older generations. These pictures say everything.

jshelley78 said...

Great work once again!

Emily said...

Many thanks to you all.

Curator said...

XLNT pix, those came out nicely.

Wheelchair India said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
ARAI Certificate Side Wheels

Keep Posting:)